2nd November 7-10pm
Online & Offline
What does it mean to belong?
Tuesday, 2nd November 7-10pm @ Theatre, CCA
Opening ceremony of ‘Our Village’ exploring Indigenous perspectives on consciousness followed by a discussion with Nia Tero, Jenny and Vicky Tauli-Copuz and the ‘Guardians of the Forest’ from the Global Alliance of Territorial Communities (COICA, AMAN, APIB, AMPB).
- Paul Heritage – Host – People’s Palace Project – Paul is a Professor of Drama and Performance at Queen Mary; University of London –
- Simon McBurney – Complicité – English actor, playwright, and theatrical director. He is the founder and artistic director of the Théâtre de Complicité, London.
- Takuma Kuikuro – Internationally recognised filmmaker Takumã Kuikuro is a member of the Kuikuro people, and grew up in the Ipatse village within the Alto Xingú Indigenous Territory in Mato Grosso state, central Brazil
- Jennifer Tauli-Corpuz (Nia Tero) – Jennifer Tauli Corpuz, from the Kankana-ey Igorot Indigenous People of Mountain Province in the Philippines, is a lawyer by profession. She is the Director for Policy of Nia Tero, a US-based foundation that works alongside Indigenous Peoples to secure Indigenous guardianship
- Vicky Tauli-Corpuz (Former UN Special Rappeteur) – Victoria Tauli-Corpuz was appointed as the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples by the Human Rights Council in 2014, and served until April 2020. She is an indigenous leader from the Kankana-ey Igorot people of the Cordillera Region in the Philippines. As an indigenous activist, she has worked for over three decades on building movement among indigenous peoples and as an advocate for women’s rights
- Mina Setra – Dayak Pompakng – AMAN
- David Hernadez Palmer – If Not Us Then Who?
Elizabeth Swanson – If Not Us Then Who?
- Jaye Reynold – If Not Us Then Who?
- Paul Redman – If Not Us Then Who?
- Music from Sandrayati Fay